We provide here the accession numbers used by EMBL and Genbank databases for all the sequences of viruses, satellites and viroids infecting plants, fungi and protozoa. These have been checked to ensure that, as far as possible, they are allocated here to their correct name. This version was correct to 30 June 2013. The names follow the latest decisions of the International Committee on the Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV) as far as possible.
- List of all Plant Virus sequences with links to EMBL
- List of all Fungal and Protozoal Virus sequences with links to EMBL
Using files developed for the DPV CD-ROM, all those sequences encoding one or more gene, or which are complete in the case of non-coding satellites and viroids, have been incorporated into a sequence feature database (DPVWeb) together with verified annotations for the open reading frames and other major features. To assist comparisons with related viruses, there are also representative sequences for every completely sequenced animal virus with an RNA or ssDNA genome. Sequence features (genes etc.) can be selected and downloaded in FASTA format. This can be done by following the links to Featured Sequences from the Notes pages.
Following several requests, we are now providing the facility to download the complete set of plant virus sequences as held in the EMBL and Genbank databases. The files have been zipped to decrease their size. Right-click on the links to select the option to download and save the files:
- Single FASTA file of all public plant virus sequences as of 30 June 2013. Each sequence is simply labelled with its Genbank accession number. You can use the file from the next link as an index.
- Tab-delimited text file listing accession numbers and some details of all the sequences in the FASTA file. The first row contains the column headings: (Genbank accession number; Genbank definition line; Genbank organism; Genbank taxonomy; size (nts); virus/species name used in DPV (should be more accurate than Genbank); geographic location (where provided); isolation host (where provided); isolate designation (where provided)
- Zip file containing all public plant virus sequences as separate text files (EMBL/GCG format). N.B. This is a LARGE file (about 109 Mb).